This blog's poems are from my published poetry book Star Steeds and Other Dreams: The Collected Poems (CFZ Press: Bideford, 2009) and are © Dr Karl P.N. Shuker, 2009. Except for author-credited review purposes, it is strictly forbidden to reproduce any of these poems elsewhere, either in part or in entirety, by any means, without my written permission.

How to purchase Star Steeds and Other Dreams

If you wish to buy this book, which is 230 pages long and is ISBN 978-1-905723-40-9, it is readily available online from its publisher, CFZ Press of Bideford, Devon, UK at http://www.cfz.org.uk/ and also from such major literary websites as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Waterstones, W H Smith, and sellers on AbeBooks to name but a few. You can also purchase a signed copy directly from me, the author - please email me at karlshuker@aol.com for full details.

Available from Amazon.com , from Amazon.co.uk , and directly from the publisher in quantities at: www.cfz.org.uk.

Search This Blog


IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Star Steeds blog's poetry and other lyrical writings (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!

IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my ShukerNature blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!

IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Eclectarium blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!


Sunday 25 September 2016

THE GREEN ELEPHANT



On a number of occasions down through the years, I have been inspired to write poems and verses after seeing beautiful, bewitching works of art online. And today was another such occasion, in which I penned the following poem after encountering the spectacular illustration presented above.


THE GREEN ELEPHANT

I dreamed one night that I had seen
An elephant, but it was green.
It stood amid a leafy glade
With light and shadow overlaid.

A patch of sunshine on its brow
That glowed like gold, I know not how.
Its opalescent tusks glowed too,
A pale, pellucid, pearly hue.

It gazed at me with stately calm,
A scene suffused with leafy balm,
A green cathedral, still and bright,
A place of wonder, dreams, and light.

Serene and silent, arched and tall,
So too its guardian of all.
Majestic in the mellow mist,
Where dreams can linger, hope exist.

Its trunk rose up in slow salute,
Its sunlight-sprinkled message mute,
Yet eloquent inside my mind
Before I left its realm behind

And woke once more within my room,
No green or gold amid its gloom.
Just fading memories remain,
Until one day I'm home again.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter